Go To Places, the only provider in the UK providing destination management services and thematic tourism campaigns across multiple counties is providing vital support to tourism business during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes:
- Attendance at weekly TIER (Tourism Industry Emergency Response) group meetings which provides an important conduit for information from Government but also an opportunity to feed in performance and impact data directly to Government Ministers.
- Lobbying Government in order to secure financial support for tourism businesses affected by COVID-19
- Tracking the impact on the sector by monitoring closures, cancellations, reduction in footfall and forward bookings
- Daily updates for tourism businesses based in Kent and Hertfordshire (particularly accommodation and transport businesses)
- Setting up groups on LinkedIn for Kent and Hertfordshire tourism businesses so that ideas, resources and updates can be shared
- Changing the tone of messaging on B2C websites so that content is in line with the Government's social distancing guidelines but continues to showcase fantastic businesses. In the short term, content will now focus on supporting local businesses, local heroes, positive community stories and inspiring content.
Go To Places has also supported clients that were due to run the Big Weekend campaign in Spring 2020 and The Big Ferry Fortnight by helping them to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic at every stage (including the lock down) and providing advice about ticket ballots and the businesses that were due to take part.
Deirdre Wells, CEO of Go To Places comments:
"The Go To Places team is doing all that it can to support tourism businesses during this difficult time. The pandemic is having a significant impact on many small and medium sized businesses which are the lifeblood of our industry and many will struggle to manage during this crisis. We are grateful for the support that Government is currently putting in place for businesses and the self-employed but speed is of the essence now so that our vibrant and innovative industry can weather the storm and be ready to rebuild when this crisis has passed."
The Time for Creativity and Cleaning is Now
Go To Places Launches Respect, Protect and Enjoy Toolkit
New Hertfordshire Crowdfunder
Visit Kent Launches New Online Campaign
Webinar - Learning to Adapt and Diversify Your Product
Sowing The Seeds for Business Growth
Bounce Back? I'd Rather Glide......